Squash’s spaghettis with honied shrimps
These shrimps are delightful thanks to this sophisticated recipe from the blogger Vera on « Nicest Things« . If looking at these squash’s spaghettis with shrimps and a honey sauce inspires you, try this recipe, you will be pleased!
For 2 persons
200g of Black Tiger shrimps ASC
250g of spaghetti
4 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 big garlic clove, peeled and squeezed
1cm of fresh red pepper, thinly chopped or ½ teaspoon of pepper flakes
400g of butternut squash
40g of butter
2 nuts butter
2 slices of toasted brown bread
50g of Parmigiano Reggiano
A pinch of coarse salt, a pinch of salt
1. Thaw the shrimps to room temperature for approximately 1 hour. Mix in a bowl the honey, the soy sauce, the squeezed garlic and the chopped red pepper. Remove 4 tablespoons from the bowl and set aside. Marinade the shrimps in the rest of the sauce. Leave to marinade until the utilization.
2. Prepare the squash: we are going to use the part near from the stem, because it is not hollow in this part. Separate the squash in two horizontally in order to obtain 400g of pulp. Thanks to a “spiral cutter”, peel the flash in spaghettis strings. You can also use a peeler, peel the pieces and cut them in thin slices.
3. Preparation of the black butter: heat 40g of butter in a pot over medium heat, until the butter foam. Stir constantly over low heat until some small flakes take shape and there is a smell of roasted walnuts. Remove from the heat.
4. While you bring to boil a large pot of water, prepare the crunch: melt a generous amount of butter in a pot. Crumble two slices of brown bread and brown until the bread pieces get crunchy. Slat slightly and remove the pan. Add another knob of butter in the same washed frying pan. Remove the shrimps from the marinade and grill them each side for approximately 1 minutes.
5. When the water is boiling, add a tablespoon of salt and the spaghettis. Cook as indicated on the packaging and add the squash’s spaghettis 2 minutes before the end. Drain in a sieve. Put back the spaghettis in a pot, pour the brown butter and stir. Add the honey sauce, the garlic, the caramelized shrimps and the crunchy bread. Serve with some parmesan freshly shred and some fresh oregano leaves.