Squash and seafood gratin
Do you fancy a gourmand winter dish? Give in to this original gratin which mix the exoticism of the seafood and the soft and slightly sweet taste of the squash. Tip: this gratin can also be prepared very well with pumpkin.
For 4 persons
750g of Frutti di Mare, to cook
1 squash (or 1 pumpkin)
4 chopped shallots
1 squeezed garlic clove
½ bunch of chopped flat parsley
30cl of white wine
10cl of fish fumet
50cl of liquid cream
30g of butter
1. Thaw the seafood cocktail.
2. Slice the squash (or the pumpkin) into small regular cube of approximately 15mm.
3. In a large frying pan, brown the cubes with some butter for approximately 5 min, then add the chopped shallots. Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half, add the fish fumet and the liquid cream. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the seafood to the preparation, mix and rectify the seasoning.
5. Dress in a gratin plate, then cook in the oven for 10 minutes to 180°C.
6. Serve with a few squash seeds and some parsley on top.